Xirek here to touch base with you all and let you know where we are at with a few things. We're neck deep in the middle of a new expansion and I think most of us devoured the content up to Level 100 pretty handily. The real adventure begins from this point forward! See below for all the important information related to your Team life.
Raiding Starts Anew - 2014.12.03
Blizzard has let us know that the first raid opens up on the first week of December. So what does that mean for GOF? Well it's back to the fields of glory to defeat bosses and earn great loot! Since we know for a fact most folks aren't yet to the 630ilvl mark across the board, we're taking a slightly more relaxed approach to the start of the tier.
What Is Expected for a "Normal" Raider
- Gear Average of 620 ilvl (if you are below this, please see Xirek)
- Legendary Ring of at least 640 ilvl (First stage of the Legendary)
- Silver Proving Grounds for your Role
- Completion of all the Heroic Dungeons (or as close as possible in next 8 days)
- Baseline Understanding of Fights (either read the Journal or find some videos)
- Come with at least 3 Flasks to last the night, don't worry about food for now
But wait, we're Mythic raiders aren't we?? That's correct, we are (or will be) but we're not there yet as a team. So rather than stress during the holidays we're going to be taking it easier and getting a baseline understanding of Highmaul by doing Normal difficulty first. It's an opportunity to get some loot, solid XP and show the Council you mean business!
Loot Council - Gone But Not Forgotten
After a healthy debate on the positives and negatives, Leadership has declared that previously suggested/hinted at Loot Council will not be used at this time. It's the Grand Council's belief that the caliber of player we have in GOF actually doesn't merit the need for Loot control. So uninstall your Loot Council addons and rejoice in simplicity!
In place of a formalized Loot Council, Leadership would like like to provide some baseline guidance below:
Loot Guidelines - Before You Roll
- Look at the level of upgrade for you vs your fellow Corps members
- Consider your attendance compared to those of your fellow Corps members
- Ask yourself if it's best for the Team as a whole? Will you be able to utilize this?
- Question whether there has been an equal distribution of Loot over the Tier
- Help others complete a Set Bonus if they are close to a completion
Loot Hierarchy - Who Gets it First?
- First Priority - Guardians
- Second Priority - Apprentices
- Third Priority - Initiates
- Fourth Priority - Alternate Characters